Avenger Flight Group (AFG) is seeking an experienced Simulator Technician to join our growing company at Tel Aviv
A Flight Simulator Technician I is responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting, and repairing a variety of simulator-specific computer, visual and peripheral systems. A Sim Tech I must have the ability to resolve problems, using a broad knowledge base and maintenance manuals, so all Flight Training Devices either can remain ready for service or return to service. All qualified applicants will be trained on the location’s specific devices.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Learn and perform complex, but standard technical tasks including preventative and corrective maintenance. This can include cleaning, diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing, validating, or replacing majority of the flight training devices electrical and sub-system components with little to no assistance.
- Interact with customers in a timely and professional manner to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Provide technical support during simulator sessions.
- Utilize our quality management system to record and track maintenance activities.
- Perform pre-flight and post-flight tasks on the simulators as well as power-up and power-down procedures as required.
- Perform visual alignments and adjustments.
- Run QTG tests and evaluate the results.
- Perform routine computer maintenance, hardware fault diagnosis and repair.
- Assist with refurbishment and hardware modifications.
- Interpret technical drawings and schematics of mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, and electronic components.
- Conduct logistics duties, such as, maintaining inventory, assisting in repair, and testing of equipment.
- Trained Sim Techs will provide training and guidance to other technicians and apprentices.
- Actively pursue continued professional growth and training.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned when certain circumstances permit.
- Must be fluent in both English and Hebrew, both oral and written.
- Must be authorized to live and work in Israel. We are not sponsoring work visas for individuals from other countries.
- Minimum 2-year technical degree or 1 to 2 years of simulator-related experience.
- 2 to 3 years of related experience, preferably in Avionics; alternatively in Electronics, Computer Technology or related fields.
- Proficiency in the use of various types of test equipment and hand/special tools.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics.
- Experience in basic troubleshooting to system level.
- Experienced in using schematics and electronic diagnostic utilities.
- Familiarity with avionics and navigational concepts and their correspondence with the flight simulators.
- Familiarity with electrical concepts such as analog and digital theory.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
- Proficient in soldering and circuit repairs
- Ability to perform computer and network maintenance.
- Capable of working with different computer operating system types.
- Ability to climb stairs, bend, stoop and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and work any shift in a 24-hour operation.
· Avenger Flight Group, LLC is a United States-based multinational company. Our newest flight training center is opening soon in Tel Aviv to serve El Al Israel Airlines.
· We offer competitive salaries and standard benefits, details of which will be available to applicants who are interviewed.
· Selected candidates will be flown to the US for initial training, so a valid passport is required.
· Please visit our website for more information: www.afgsim.com
You may apply through our career portal and you must include your CV.